Saturday, December 22, 2012

ADJECTIVE CLAUSE


Who, Which, That

  • I thanked the woman
  • She helped me.
    I thanked the woman who helped me
    I thanked the woman that helped me

  • The book is mine
  • It is on the table
    The book which is on the table is mine
    The book that is on the table is mine 

Whom, Which, That
  • The man was Mr. Jones
  • I saw him
    The man whom I saw was mr.jones
    The man that I saw was mr.jones

  • The movie wasn’t very good
  • We say it last night
    The movie which we saw last night wasn’t very good
    The movie that we saw last night wasn’t very good 

Whose
  • I know the man
  • His bicycle was stolen
    I know the man whose bicycle was stolen

  • The student writes well
  • I read her composition
    The student whose composition I read writes well

  • Mr. Catt has a painting. Its value is inestimable
  • Mr. Catt has a painting whose value is inestimable

Where
  • The building is very old
  • He lives there (in that building)
    The building where he lives is very old

When
  • I’ll never forget the day
  • I met you then (on that day)
    I’ll never forget the day when I met you
    I’ll never forget the day that I met you

0 comments:

Post a Comment